octopus garden header

my room

I have spent the past 4 days at home.  I got food poisoning Tuesday and then slid down the hilly road in front of my apartment Wednesday while buying groceries to cook innocuous food for myself, injuring my foot and my knee.  Since my apartment is my entire scenery these days (so thankful for friends who come by bringing porridge, bandaids and first aid cream, home made apple sauce, multi out cables and adaptors, and something else so awesome that it sort of deserves its own post) I thought maybe what better time than to show you my little place.  The photos were of course taken a while ago.  My hair is shorter now and my legs are all bandaged.  But anyway.

Hello would you like a tour of tiny loft apartment?

I still have a lot of ideas for decorating but this is what it looks like so far.  My place is basically a 1st grader’s dream.  It has a ladder!  It has a secret fort!  There’s a traditional Japanese style futon floor bed, but with Barbie bedding  (it was a gift from a 2nd cousin when I was 7, I found it while digging through closets at home)!  But truthfully, I am on the lookout for a Spiderman bedding.  It would still go with the 1st grader theme of my apartment.

Moving along, no room of mine is complete without piles of magazines and books.  I’m so happy to once again have access to Zipper and spoon and furthermore I live by a 24 hour book/magazine store.  And I have a little kitchen.

My first weekend after moving in, I visited my neighborhood Tokyu Hands and returned with an armful of art supplies, and used them straight away to paint this pink flowery explosion.  I have so much wall space so I want to make many more paintings.

How do I climb up the ladder to my loftbed now that I am injured you ask?  Verrrrry very slowly.

past related posts

6 Responses to “my room

• Sofia
    April 23rd, 2010 07:25

you’ve got food poisoning?! Oh no! I had a lot of those till I found out I really had Lactose intolerance. :( PS: Loved your room!

• Janet
    April 23rd, 2010 10:09

Awww, poor Amy. Drink lots of fluids and don’t take any of the anti-diarrhea meds — those can make it last longer. Feel better soon!

Lol, I love the jutxtaposition of Barbie, Lolita,Doreamon, and the magazines.

It’s a super cute place. I can only hope my overpriced apartment for next year will be similar, lol.

• amy
    April 24th, 2010 02:50

my stomach is officially recovered today, i think! (had a chocolate milkshake to test).

sofia: i had no idea you had lactose intolerance! didn’t we make pizza together with lots of cheese? T-T and thank you!

janet: i’ve been drinking a lot, and not taking medicine! i always listen to your advice when recovering from things :) thank you! you will be in cali next year right (thought i read that somewhre…). i hope i will get to see it!

• Cheray
    April 26th, 2010 21:51

! Food poisoning and falling over? You poor love! :( Hope you get better soon lovely!

Your loft is INCREDIBLE!! I love love love it!!
    And you did that painting?? It’s stunning! Can’t wait to see more of your work :)
    Love your space soooo much!
    x

• amy
    April 28th, 2010 01:06

Aw, thank you for the well wishes!! I am much better now, I am able to walk though I limp and it takes me twice as long to get anywhere.

Aww, thanks for your kind words about my painting! I will paint more this weekend I hope!

• Sofia
    April 29th, 2010 14:39

Me neither! I just found out this year (25 years later from birth). lol.. PS:But I still love cheese with and in the pizza (yeap. mooore cheeeese). There’s a pill you take every time before eating any thing with lactose… Before I knew about the intolerance I got sick and didn’t know why.